Friday, December 30, 2011

Discovering the World

Being a lifelong fan of libraries, I was excited to get a ride to the Central Library today. I love this library. It has the biggest selection in Virginia Beach (I mean, duh, it's the main library) and I volunteered here in high school (an exercise in getting my work done while minimizing or completely avoiding social contact).





























                      When Z was in the Peace Corps and I was living at home, I made a lot of trips out to this library. It was usually out of my way but reading was a great way to keep myself from wallowing. However, I do remember eating a lot of Cheez-Its while watching Monk reruns, which I'm pretty sure counts as wallowing.

I love going in knowing exactly what I want and where it is but I also love walking through the stacks and pulling out books that catch my eye. Sometimes I do actually judge a book by its cover and I've read a lot of great books that way. I always wish I could be one of those people organized enough to keep a list of the books they read. Then maybe I wouldn't have come home, read the first twenty pages of Southern Lady, Yankee Spy and realized it was way too familiar for me not to have read it before.



LYLAS, library! 




             

No comments:

Post a Comment